Okay, folks. This all out attack on Chip and Joanna Gaines of HGTV’s “Fixer Upper” has gotten me wound up. Frankly, I’m all kinds of ticked off. Here’s why:
Their names are being dragged through the mud for NO REASON. Literally. Their silence over a very controversial issue between the Christian church and the world (homosexuality) has somehow caused them to be targeted.
This is how I feel about our country’s current state of affairs: You speak up for what you believe in and go against the grain- you get attacked. You keep quiet and choose to let your life speak for itself- you get attacked. It’s a lose-lose situation, I’m afraid.
The thing is, since “Fixer Upper” has been on t.v., Chip and Joanna Gaines have been very clear about their Christian beliefs. It’s simple: they stand for Jesus Christ. They have never done anything to hide this fact. Their show is purely founded upon the principle of helping others out as much as they possibly can. And their ratings, among both believers and nonbelievers, have soared. Go figure?!
So what if their Pastor is against gay marriage? What does this have to do with them? Pastor Siebert’s friendship with Chip and Joanna has no bearing on the situation whatsoever. Aren’t journalists supposed to get first hand information? How can her inference based upon someone else’s views even be considered journalism?
I’m just going to list the things that Chip and Joanna DO stand for. You can make up your own minds about these completely uninspired articles trying to shame them into being something that they’re not.
- They love people. All kinds of people. A person’s sexuality has never caused them to refuse to do business with someone. Not once.
- They are some of the happiest people I’ve ever seen on television. And that’s because they are living the life that God has called them to live. Plain and simple.
- They inspire creativity. It doesn’t matter if the decorations are rugged and manly or frufru and girly- they’ll use it in their renovations if it adds something appealing to the home.
- They model what a loving relationship looks like. It looks like respecting one another’s opinions and selflessly serving each other. These are vital principles to any successful relationship.
- They give more than they take. Yes, they run a business and star on t.v. so they get a nice paycheck. But their hearts to serve their community with hard work, honesty, and integrity are what make millions of people love them so much.
So, I ask you, who cares what they think about homosexuality? Are they using their Christian faith to spew hatred all over the place? No. Are they coddling people by compromising their beliefs because they have some insane need to be liked? Thankfully, no. Last I checked, they were keeping the main thing the main thing. Jesus. And He always has the last word.
You know what that means? Chip and Joanna- You don’t have to say anything.
— Huffington Post (@HuffingtonPost) December 1, 2016