Grandma Mag’s Hamburger Stroganoff
25 Oct, 2012
Written by Hilary Maricle @ Common Ground Nebraska
Life is a little crazy at our house, especially around meal time. After work, school, and farm chores, we do our best to sit down together for supper, but that is often closer to 7:00 or 8:00 pm. My husband, Brian and I are the sixth generation to raise our family on Maricle Family Farms just south of Albion, NE. We are proud of the food that we grow to feed our family and
yours. Along with our parents and five children, Austin, Carson, Cody, Cassidy and Katerina, we raise cattle and hogs and grow corn and soybeans.
As the weather is cooling down, enjoy one of my favorite hot recipes that our family loves and be sure to check out some of my favorite substitutes to make this dish even more functional!
2 lb Hamburger
1 c Chopped Onion
1 c Fresh Mushrooms
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
6 oz Sour Cream
1. Brown hamburger and drain off grease.
4. Simmer for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
5. Add the sour cream just before serving over toast or noodles.
My favorite substitutes:
• Leftover Sunday roast, cut into small pieces
• Dried chopped onion (from my spice cabinet)
• One 7 oz can mushrooms, pieces & stems, drained
• Add a 2nd can of Cream of Mushroom Soup for a creamier texture
• Serve over mashed potatoes
Here are a couple other Her View From Home stroganoff recipes to try: