Her Bibbidi-Bobbity Broccoli
10 Sep, 2012
Written by Jennifer Sill
This is one of my family’s favorites. Yes – a favorite WITH fresh veggies!!
Okay, okay. It isn’t a HUGE secret or a magic spell. Add a bit of cheese to broccoli and kiddos
ask beg for more!! (It is kind of like fairy god mother magic!)
Another plus? It is SUPER easy!
Here’s what you need:
1 pound chopped, fresh broccoli (I used 3 small heads)
2 pounds chicken – chopped and cooked
1 T Olive Oil
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of broccoli soup
1/3 cup milk
1 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 T melted butter (I used “I Can’t Believe it’s Not!”)
2 T dried bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place the broccoli in a saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. After the boil, cook 5 minutes. Drain.
3. At the same time, cook chicken. Pour olive oil in pan and cook chicken until no longer pink.
4. In a bowl, mix milk and soup.
5. In a separate bowl melt butter and add bread crumbs.
6. Place broccoli in bottom of a 9×13 pan. Top with Chicken. Then a layer of the soup/milk mixture. Then layer on the cheese. Finally drizzle butter/bread crumb mixture on top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Here’s what it looks like when I do it: