Written by Chandra Horky
My favorite way to prepare this is to use fresh or home-canned peaches, but you can use store bought as well. It is best served warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
2 c fresh peaches (or you can use canned)
1 3/4 c sugar
1 stick butter
1 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 c whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
1. Combine the peaches and ¾ cup of sugar. Let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Melt butter in 1 1/2 quart baking dish in oven.
3. Sift together the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Add milk and vanilla to the dry mixture and stir together briskly. Some lumps will remain.
5. Pour into the baking dish of melted butter.
6. Top with peaches.
7. Sprinkle on cinnamon & sugar to taste.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.