What’s Happening This Weekend?
13 Jun, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Written by: Leslie
As always – plenty happening in Nebraska this week! Check it out below.
June 14, Fun in Flight - Kearney Area Children’s Museum
- You will learn about all things aviation with educational kits, fun demonstrations and more. Expect to soar to new heights with this class presented by John Thompson, Education Outreach Specialist with the Strategic Air and Space Museum!
June 15 – Concert in the Park (Harmon Park)
- As part of Concerts in the Park at the Sonatorium at Harmon Park. Free admission. Present by the Kearney Arts Council
June 15 – Downtown Farmers Market
June 15, Prairie Loft Family Outdoor Club
June 15 – Farmers Market
- Activities are geared toward kids ages 2-8 with their parents or guardians. Suggested donation: $5 per family per Saturday The Prairie Loft Family Outdoor Club happens the third Saturday of every month, year round, from 10:00 to11:30am. Each month’s program includes active outdoor exploration, art activities, take-home projects, and more, all focused on a specific monthly learning theme. Please dress for the weather. No need to RSVP. Just come ready to learn and have fun!
June 13-16, Ravenna – Annevar
- City-wide DC Lynch midway, demo derby, tractor pull, parade, sand volleyball, fun run and more.
June 14-15, Holdrege: Swedish Days
Downtown between 4th & 6th A fun street festival with vendors, Heartland Cruisers Car Show, ribfest, street dance, live music, parade, 10K and 5K races and more. Free (308) 995-4444
West Point, June 13: Taste of West Point
- Sample tasty bites from local establishments!
- 5:30-7:30, West Point
Clarkson, June 13-14: 24th Annual Mid-States Rodeo
- From broncs to bulls, roping to wrestling - it’s great family entertainment.
- 7:30pm, $5-$7 Chuck Hamernik (402) 892-3457, Clarkson
Bassett, June 13-16: Rock County Quasquicentennial
- Celebrating 125 Years
- City-wide Family-friendly events including a parade, BBQ, antique tractors, car show, entertainment, garden walk, historical tours and more. (402) 244-5445
June 13-16, Bloomfield: Bloomfield Appreciation Dayz
- Downtown A variety of events for all ages! (402) 373-2272
June 14, Broken Bow - Custer County Historical Society Pie & Ice Cream
- Social Open House Event
- Custer County Historical Society Museum 5-7pm,
- Free (308) 872-2203
June 14, Humboldt: Humboldt Area Motor Sports Tractor Pull
- (402) 245-7740
June 14-15, Ashland: Annual Testicle Festival
- Round the Bend Steakhouse, 30801 E. Park Hwy – 2mi. E. of I-80 Exit 426 Enjoy 2 nights of live bands!
- Rocky mountain oysters, burgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes and all your favorite beverages available.
- Daily, 5pm-midnight, $5 TJ Olson (402) 944-9974
June 14-15, Lewellen: Ash Hollow Pageant
- Ash Hollow State Historical Park, 3 mi. S.E. on Hwy
- 26 A cast of 30 perform in this dramatic outdoor musical. Tours, displays and chuckwagon supper.
- Dinner 5pm; show begins at 6:30pm, Fee for dinner
- Jean Jensen (308) 778-5548
June 14-16, Broadwater Days
- City-wide Parade, tractor and pickup pulls, street dance, food and more.
June 14-16, Creighton: Berry Pepper Days
- City-wide Street dance, road rally, bike ride, ribfest, car show, parades and more. (402) 358-3737
June 14-16, Dakota City – Cottonwood Days
- City-wide Parade, children’s activities, BBQ cookoff,
- venodors, car and boat show, contests, dance and more. (402) 987-3448
June 14-16, Decatur - Riverfront Days
- City-wide Parade, BBQ contest, live entertainment,food and street dance. (402) 349-5593
June 14-16, Mead Days
- City-wide Family-friendly activities including
- children’s games, parade, street dance and fireworks display.
June 14-16, Ohiowa Days
- City-wide Activities for all ages including softball games, children’s games and street dance.
June 14-16, Stromsburg, Swedish Midsommar Festival
- City-wide in the Swede Capital of Nebraska
- Carnival, food, parade, car show and free entertainment. (402) 764-5265
June 14-Sep 1 - baseball at Boys Town
- Hall of History Displays showcase baseball’s important role in sports at Boys Town. Autographed bats, balls and photographs of famous players including Babe Ruth, Dizzy Dean and Johnny Bench. 9am-5pm, Free (402) 498-1186
- Craft show, arts in the park,archery shoot, paddle boat races, antique tractor show, demonstrations, live music and 92 cent meals. Park permit required. (308) 432-6167
June 15-16, Omaha, ZOOm
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium. Cool classic cars, antique cars and environmentally friendly cars. Explore your favorite animal exhibit and learn about animal speeds. Family-friendly, interactive simulator race car competitions. 9am-3pm, Zoo admission (402) 738-2047
June 15-26, Omaha College World Series!