Her View From Home welcomes new writers! We currently have over 375 contributors on the site in all categories including; faith, recipes, lifestyle, fitness, fashion, family, humor, grief and kids. Please be familiar with our website before submitting content. We also accept “timely” pieces with a response to current events. If you are interested in writing for us, please send Leslie Means an e-mail to: [email protected] with the following information:
1. Your blog/website URL (If you don’t have one that’s OK)
2. Your social media handles
3. An original writing sample (around 600-800 words) not yet published. (Send as an attached document in word or copy and paste the text in your e-mail.) You can also include a link to previous articles written for more examples of your writing style. Please note which article you would like published on Her View From Home.
4. If your piece is timely, you must include that in the title of your e-mail.
We pay our writers! Unique views are recorded for 30 days after your original article goes live. Payments are based on unique views and paid once you’ve met your threshold. Payments are sent via PayPal 30-90 days after your article is published. Your piece is promoted on Her View From Home’s social media platforms and we ask that you please promote your own pieces as well.
- 0-250 views: $0
- 250-500 views: $5
- 500-750 views: $7.50
- 750-1K views: $10.00
- 1K – 2K views: $15.00
- 2K – 3K views: $30.00
- 3K-4K views: $60.00
- 4K+ views: $100.00
A few things to consider: Her View From Home has the right to decide which articles to publish and/or pay. Articles must fit our mission. Only original content will be eligible for payment. We will run previously published articles but those are not eligible for payment. We will include a link to the original source in the previously published article on Her View From Home. By submitting your article, you are verifying that Her View From Home has the right to publish this submission. If Her View From Home chooses to run your articles, we will contact you with specific details on the next steps to take, within two weeks of submission. Restrictions may apply.
*We try to respond within two weeks of your submission. Thank you for being patient with us! Due to the overwhelming number of requests per day, please make sure to follow these guidelines. Writers who do not follow these steps will not receive a response. Thank you for understanding!
How to write a great article!
I get this question often. Here’s our best tips.
1. Write from the heart. Readers can tell if you write something just for the views. Instead, share your real emotions. Be genuine, be heartfelt, be you.
2. Keep your article around 600-800 words or less.
3. If you are submitting food related posts, your photography needs to be top notch!
4. Share, share and share some more! Your friends and family want to read your story!
5. Don’t compare. Your story is unique and awesome. You are unique and awesome. Remember that when you write.
Popular articles on our site include:
To the Parents of Caleb Schwab -The Boy Who Was Killed On The World’s Tallest Waterslide (Great example of a timely article)
Kids Are Gross: Mom Receives Hilarious Phone Call From School (Another great ‘timely’ piece)
Writers grant Her View From Home exclusive rights to original work for a period of 60 days. This means your article can’t be published anywhere else (online or print) for 60 days after publication. After the 60 days, writers may republish content as long as a direct link is included in the beginning paragraph of the article that states: This article was originally published on Her View From Home. You must link your original article from HVFH in the text “Her View From Home.”
*Some exceptions are allowed and some exclusions may apply. Please e-mail Leslie Means for details.
Can’t wait to read all about your view!
Internships are now full. Please check back at another time. *Updated 10/3/16
Her View From Home Internships
HerViewFromHome.com is hiring interns! Interested in gaining experience in the fields of online journalism, writing, photo shoot-ing, design and social media for a growing online magazine? Then read on for more details!
Company: HerViewFromHome.com (an online magazine for Women)
Compensation: school credit (if applicable) Other potential “perks” possible.
Hours: 2-3 days per week
Duration: To be determined.
Responsibilities: Our interns will be responsible for writing social media teases, possible feature articles, sales and contacting local businesses for potential writing opportunities and giveaways. We are a growing company. There is a great amount of potential for you in this position.
Qualifications: English, creative writing, or journalism or business/sales majors are preferred. If you know your way around Photoshop or have any creative design background, definitely let us know. We’re seeking proactive individuals eager to gain more experience in this industry.
How to Apply: Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line Her View From Home Intern.
Applications should include:
• your resume
• a cover letter about why you want to work with Her View From Home
• two writing or creative design pieces. (This can be prior blog posts or any design feature you have created. Take a look at the site and think about what would be a good fit!)
(Note: You guys – we are growing! We need your help! If you know someone who would make an incredible intern, please let us know. He/She has tons of potential with this site. P.S. – strong chance to grow with us as the site grows, too.)