Family game night is such a great way to share some time together, but some kids can get frustrated if the game is too hard or involves too much strategy for little minds.
We talked to our team at Her View from Home, and here are 10 games the whole family is guaranteed to enjoy.
- Peaceable Kingdom Dinosaur Escape. Have a kid who has a tough time losing? Peaceable Kingdom games are for you! Players work together to complete a task while children learn memory skills, strategy and important social development skills (no reading skills required.) Also recommended: Race to the Treasure and Mermaid Island.
2. Toilet Trouble. Who doesn’t love a little potty humor? Which flush will cause the gush? Share some hilarious and suspense-filled moments as players take turns spinning the toilet paper roll, flushing the toilet handle, and hoping they don’t get sprayed with water!
3. Hedbanz. This is a fan favorite! Ask the right questions to guess what you are before time runs out! Does your family already love this game? Great news, there is a new edition out! Cards include words and pictures so younger players can participate.
4. Don’t Wake Daddy. Super cute board game that fills little ones with suspense. Land on a plain-colored space and you’re safe. Land on a space with a picture and a number and don’t have that card, you have to push the button on the alarm clock and hope Daddy doesn’t pop up in bed!
5. National Geographic Brain Game. (Ages 8+) Based on the Emmy-nominated National Geographic Channel TV series Brain Games, Brain Games Kids gets in your head and reveals the inner-workings of that three pounds of tissue sitting between your ears. Players can see how you stack up in three mind-bending categories: body language, brain benders and puzzling pictures. This game will blow your mind!
6. Uno Moo. Kids not quite old enough to sit and play Uno? Try Uno Moo, where farm animals come out of their barn to play with you! Akin to the classic game, younger players round up the animals by matching their colors or types.
7. Zingo. Who doesn’t love Bingo? Zingo is great for young minds. The Zinger dispenses tiles as players quickly race to be the first player with a full card and yell, “Zingo!”
8. Oh Snap! This game is fun for the whole family–and a great one for the big kids to play with their younger siblings. The object is to get the most pieces before the board “snaps”.
9. Sequence for Kids. Geared to kids ages 3 and up, this brings the classic Sequence game down to preschoolers level. Gameplay does not require reading. Players play an animal card from their hand and place a chip on a matching animal space on the board.
10. Eye Found It. From Disney, this game is guaranteed to be a family favorite. Join Mickey and friends on a magical journey through 12 Disney realms. Throughout the journey, everyone searches for iconic Disney objects having fun and excitement whenever they get to say, “I found it!”
Her View From Home wants to help you find the best products for you and your family. We share what our team loves, and we may receive a small commission if you purchase from these affiliate links. For a full listing of gift guides, visit our Shop page here.