When school gets out little tummies start to rumble! Have no fear, these fun and healthy snacks are here. Keep track of your favorite snacks by creating your own cookbook! Who knew after school snacks could be so much fun?
School Bus Crackers
Ingredients: Graham Crackers, Cool Whip/Yellow food coloring or Yellow Frosting, Vanilla Wafers, Rice Chex Cereal
- Select your crackers for the body of the school bus
- Apply frosting or cool whip to the crackers
- Take two cookies and place them on the bottom of your school bus as your wheels
- Add rice chex to the body of the bus as window
- Viola! Now devour your school bus!
Crispy Ponds with Apple Boats
Ingredients: Rice cakes, Blueberry Cream Cheese, Vanilla Wafers or Graham Crackers, Goldfish Crackers/Pretzels/Cookies, Apples
- Spread cream cheese onto the rice cake to create your pond
- Crush your graham crackers or vanilla wafers to create sand, and sprinkle on the bottom portion of your pond
- Place your fishy friends into the water for a swim
- Slice your apple and place onto the water as your boat
- Viola! Now it’s time to enjoy!
Looking for more fun activities like this? Visit the Kearney Area Children’s Museum and join us for our “Make It & Take It” classes held once a month!