It’s August, so the fresh flavors I’m craving are basil and tomato. I decided to pull these flavors into a delicious chicken pizza, and the end result was this delicious chicken pesto pizza.
This pizza bursts with the flavors of a Midwestern late summer, so eating it is so enjoyable because it evokes the feelings of relaxing with friends in family as the summer comes to an end. Also, it is so simple to pull together, which is the type of recipe a busy mama like me loves. If you’re the gardening type, use your fresh garden basil, or be like me and go the easier route- pick up a jar of prepared pesto at the store.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Pizza dough either homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 C crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 C prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 C chicken breast cooked and thinly sliced
- 1/2 C mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 C cherry tomatoes halved
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. Roll our dough and place on greased pizza stone or baking sheet.
- 3. Place the toppings on the dough in this order: crushed tomatoes, pesto, chicken, mozzarella cheese, and cherry tomatoes.
- 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees or until cheese is melted or bubbly.