An ode to the women I know and what I’ve learned by being in their beautiful orbits:
1. Women are exquisitely hardy souls.
2. An even number of women seems to gel best. Three friends do fine together yet two of the three always appear to be closer.
3. Women are not innately happy for other women’s successes.
4. They want to be. They know it’s a good thing. It just doesn’t come naturally.
5. Grown women have the same problems with body image as their teenage counterparts.
6. Women have fouler mouths than any man and would tell dirty jokes with regularity if coaxed, no matter how much they deny it.
7. Women never forget anything. They stash it away in their internal file cabinet for future use.
8. That internal file cabinet could be hazardous to someone’s health.
9. Women have built-in radar detectors. They don’t need a GPS to find anything. This skill was most likely developed hundreds of years ago when the first man asked, “did you see my rock?”
10. Women feel guilty dreaming BIG for themselves especially when they’re mamas.
11. These same women have no problem dreaming BIG for everyone else especially their children.
12. Women don’t forgive easily. They want to.
13. They really do.
14. Women’s cuddles are the best.
15. Every woman sways the same when soothing a baby.
16. An angry woman can scare the bejesus out of pretty much anybody.
17. Women break in ways that are invisible to mostly everyone except God.
18. If you give a woman pen and paper, a good book and a few chocolates, she can survive days without companionship.
19. Women don’t realize their power.
20. Their power could rule this world.
21. Someday will.
22. Behind every great woman is another woman whispering “you’ve got this” in her ear.
23. God knows the exquisite goodness of women and when the day comes that all women join forces and rejoice as a sisterhood, LORD help us all!
You may also like:
Want more stories of love, family, and faith from the heart of every home, delivered straight to you? Sign up here!