- Ironically enough, the most valuable lessons learned usually come from painful experiences. But overcoming those challenges will transform you into a much stronger person than before. Nothing lasts forever, heartache included.
- Appreciate the crappy things, because your “crap” is gold to some people. Don’t take anything for granted.
- High expectations make for pretty tough obstacles. Don’t expect too much, you’ll likely be disappointed.
- Spend wisely. Handbags are not worth putting on a credit card. What is? A great mattress, Amazon Prime, tattoos, books, vacations, a LifeProof phone case, concert tickets, and quality toilet paper.
- Listen to your Mom, she really does know what she’s talking about.
- “When your past calls, don’t answer. It has nothing new to say.” –Lionel Richie
You can’t move forward into a happy future until you’ve made peace with the past.
- Never judge other people. You have no idea what kind of demons they are being faced with. You may think you understand, but you aren’t walking their path.
- Practice forgiveness daily, and don’t be so quick to place blame. Holding a grudge will only lead you down a path of self-destruction. Spend less time agonizing over someone hurting your feelings, and more time loving those who love you.
- Women must stick together. As a woman, you will be underestimated on a daily basis. Be the person who inspires and encourages those around you. Be a good role model for the generation after yours.
- You can only control you. Being unhappy is a choice. You have all the power you need to make changes, so take the initiative and do it. Life isn’t perfect, but it is short.
- STOP caring about what everyone else thinks, you’ll drive yourself crazy. We all want acceptance, but it’s not worth losing your sanity. People will have an opinion no matter what you do. But, what’s right for them isn’t always right for you. Do you. Ride your own wave, make your own path.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” –Dr. Seuss
- It’s OK to not have all the answers. In fact, being confused is a completely normal part of life. Remain humble, ask questions, and welcome doubt with open arms because the answers will come eventually. Stop worrying about what’s coming next and enjoy the moment you’re in right now.
- Be careful with your words, choose them wisely. Hurtful words cannot be taken back. They can be forgiven, but not forgotten. Be honest without crossing the line between being honest and rude.
- Tracy Lawrence knew what he was talking about. “The only thing that stays the same is everything changes.” People change, relationships change, even your friends will change. It’s OK to fight for your friendships, and you should. However, if you’re the only one making an effort, let it go and move on. Fighting for a friendship or relationship with someone who doesn’t value your presence in their life is a battle you will not win.
- You will sometimes place trust in wrong person’s hands, and that’s alright. Learn from your mistake, and be more diligent next time.
- Don’t take everything so personally. “Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projections of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” –Don Miguel Ruiz
- Maintain a boundary between social media and your personal life. Putting your personal life on blast is a great way to get people talking about you, and not always in a good way.
- Be confident, it’s extremely attractive. But, confidence is not to be confused with cockiness. Be modestly confident. Spend more time working on your inner appearance than your outer appearance.