This idea came thanks to a door-to-door salesman… who is about 8 years old.
I bought this dough from a child’s fundraising magazine. WE LOVED IT!!!
So, I thought I’d see whether I could duplicate it with a regular sugar cookie recipe.
It works!!! You just have to split the dough into different bowls and add different food coloring.
Here’s a simple Sugar Cookie Recipe, but you can use your own favorite:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Split into different bowls. Add food coloring.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.