Are you tired of the same old side dishes? Are you looking for something new to feed your family? If so, this Pineapple Rice is just what you’re looking for. It’s simple to make, everyone loves it, and a perfect side to nearly any summer dinner! I served ours with BBQ’d teriyaki chicken and green salad.
The great thing about this recipe, besides how delicious and simple to make it is, is that you can add or leave out ingredients to suit your family. I used brown rice, but you could easily use white rice or quinoa. Yummy. Healthy. Delicious.
If you enjoy this recipe, please head over to my site, Joy in Every Season, for more great recipes. Coming to my blog soon, is a Brown Sugar Ham, that would be perfect served with this Pineapple Rice and side of cole slaw.
This Pineapple Rice recipe is Pinterest inspired and adapted by me.
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBS sesame oil
- 1/4 red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/1 large pineapple (cut into small cubes)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (chopped small)
- 1/2-1 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1" piece fresh ginger (grated or finely minced. I used my microplane zester)
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over med heat.
- Saute onions for a couple minutes, add red pepper flakes.
- Add in garlic, ginger, bell pepper, and carrots, cook for approx 3 minutes until veggies just start to get tender.
- Add pineapple and sesame oil, cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and soy sauce, and cook quickly over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve, topped with fresh cilantro.