You can expect letters from our children any day now. They have known what they wanted to ask you for since July. So that makes my job a lot easier, and I am sure yours as well.
I don’t think I have written you a letter in a few decades, but now that I see the excitement of our kids I thought I would give it a try.
I’m sure I am not your typical customer. I am a married, 30-year-old woman with three kids. But motherhood, and adulthood in general, has led to me create a wish list much longer than that of our kids.
- To be able to drink coffee all day without it keeping me up at night. Or maybe an IV of coffee on those especially early mornings.
- A couple nights of uninterrupted sleep.
- To be one of those moms who never showers and still always looks great.
- A Target gift card. Because, you know, it’s Target.
- A little more patience.
- A Pinterest fairy to make my Pinterest boards come to life.
- I guess if you are into the fairy game, maybe a cleaning, cooking, and laundry fairy could come, too.
- I love seeing our kids grow into amazing little people, but maybe the chance to slow them down a little here and there. Or at least the ability to take it all in.
- I wouldn’t mind a little more special time with my husband.
- A reset button for those toddler and preschooler meltdowns.
- For all the candy and cookies to disappear from the grocery store when we shop. That way maybe I won’t want to buy them and I won’t have to deal with little kid begging.
- The ability to make meals our kids won’t immediately reject or will take more than one bite of.
You know, Santa. As I am looking over this list I can see how it may look a little superficial. I don’t mean for it to be. This is just the season of life I am in.
Honestly, I have everything I could ever need or want. Don’t get me wrong, I would love more time with my husband and the ability to slow down certain moments. But overall, what I have going right now is amazing.
Maybe I should be asking for the ability to always recognize how blessed I am. I really am. But I don’t always take the time to be still in the moment and enjoy this great life I have been so very blessed with.
But if you are still in the giving mood, I’d gladly take the Target gift card.
Love and prayers,
A Tired, Overwhelmed, and Incredibly Blessed Momma