My 3-year-old son has never been a muffin fan. But recently, he came home from Kindergarten and told me that his friend gave him a muffin to eat. I asked if he wanted me to make him some to take to Kindergarten and he said yes! Inside, I was singing “Halleluja!” Finally I can make some muffins for him!
He is a little chocolate monster so of course I made him chocolate muffins. I have already made 3 batches of these yummy chocolate zucchini coconut muffins in the past 2 weeks. Yes, I even snuck in zucchini and he didn’t say anything!
These muffins are #vegan #paleo #glutefree #dairyfree #refinedsugarfree and baked in coconut oil and coconut flour! Don’t get me wrong, he does get normal chocolate and sweets too but I like to bake my muffins using other healthy sweetener instead of normal sugar and believe me no one could tell the difference!
- 10 pitted dried dates soaked in hot water for a couple of mins
- 4 eggs
- 1 small zucchini (grated)
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract / powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Place the dates, eggs, zucchini, coconut oil, and vanilla in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Move the zucchini mixture to a large bowl and add in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt. Use a hand mixer until smooth and thick. If you have a large powerful blender then you could do this step in the blender. My Nutribullet just couldn’t take it as it was too dry.
- Pour the batter into a well greased muffin tin / silicon muffin tray (I used one with mini)/ cake form or loaf form.
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until center is cooked through.