What a crazy busy time of the year! Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we have a lot of meetings, holiday parties, and family gatherings, on top of the normal work/school/farm life we already have going on. I love this time of the year, but I don’t like how busy it always is! It makes it fly by too fast!
With it being so busy around here, I’m always needing something fast, but nutritious to feed my family of four on week nights. The boys (Hudson 4 and Axten 2) are always hungry and ready for supper by the time we get home so I don’t usually have much time to whip something up. This halibut recipe is so simple, but yet so delicious you’ll want to put it on the menu frequently! And it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!
While the fish is baking in the oven you can cook the sides. I like to serve brown rice with a little soy sauce mixed in and steamed broccoli with it. Other side options that would be quick and easy are baked potatoes, asparagus, green beans, etc. The boys eat this right up and both my husband and I enjoy it too!
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon all-seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons of butter, cut up
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Large piece of halibut (enough for 3-4 people)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8x8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the halibut in the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the panko crumbs, all-seasoning salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper together.
- Place on top of the halibut and pat it down so it sticks to the fish.
- Sprinkle the parsley over top of the panko mixture.
- Then place little pieces of butter around the fish.
- Bake in the over for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Do NOT overcook!
- Side options: Serve with brown rice with a little soy sauce and steamed broccoli. Enjoy!