Christmas is definitely about Jesus – no questions on that. But, something that is a fun way to remember the AMAZING Gift that He was to us – is to give gifts to each other.
I love giving gifts – it is definitely a love language for me. No matter the cost, I love to give them to people to make them feel loved. It may be a set of stationery or a candy bar, or it might be a nice pair of earrings or a framed print.
Since I love to spend my time in the kitchen cooking for my family and friends, I love cookware, utensils, and fun platters. Everyone has a certain style, but I’m sure this list will help you shop for that cook on your list – or it may give you ideas to add to your gift list.
I hope this list helps you love the kitchen more – but also helps you get in the spirit of giving! And you can always include some baked yumminess with the gift.
1. If you like to cook, hopefully you write down recipes (love the ideas of giving hand-written recipe cards for the future generations) and you can use these lovely recipe cards.
2. And before you even start cooking, you need to head to the grocery store, so you definitely need pretty grocery list paper by my friends down in sunny Florida.
3. I can definitely cook and eat soups/stews every month of the year, but what better way to spend the winter other than smelling soups cooking in your new Le Creuset Dutch Oven. (Word of encouragement: go ahead and buy the good one, not at second hand or factory stores. You get what you pay for. I’ve already had mine for over ten years and it will last me the rest of my life – although I may want a new color soon though.)
4. For all you bakers out there (me, me) there is no better product to bake on than the Gold series from Williams-Sonoma. I was introduced to the bakeware when I worked there and absolutely love it.
6. Cutting boards are vital for maintaining your countertops and containing germs. The one we got from a sweet friend for a wedding gift is my favorite. Wooden, silicone, plastic – take your pick.
7. If you have to measure ingredients, you might as well make it fun. And if you use plastic ones, you might as well get some for bath time for your toddlers because they will have a blast. These are on my wishlist because they are just great, that’s all. You will thank me!
8 Serving platters – I personally love white or cream because the food really stands out on them. Crate and Barrel have amazing simple elegant ones.
I hope some of these ideas will help spark your holiday wish list. Maybe some can be stocking stuffers, but mostly these would be great gifts that you could put under the tree, make someone’s Christmas, and still bring the idea back to Christ is the greatest gift.