My passion for cooking definitely started in my grandmom’s kitchen. As early as 3 years old, she would pull up a chair and have me rolling meatballs, mixing something, or just watching her make delicious food.
Sadly, my grandmom passed away when I was 5, so I did not have long to learn at her side. That is when my mom became my new culinary teacher. I attribute almost all of my cooking knowledge to my mom. She has taught me so much and has helped carry on the tradition of my grandmom’s recipes.
One of my all time favorite recipes is my grandmom’s macaroni salad. There is nothing super secret about this macaroni salad. It only requires little time and simple ingredients. But seriously it is the BEST. I could eat a whole bowl of it… not that I do that because I have more self control than that!
Try this wonderful macaroni salad at your next cook out and enjoy every bite!
Grandmom’s Macaroni Salad
1lb macaroni pasta (I prefer the ones that have ridges because they hold the dressing better)
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 cup mayonnaise
3 large carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, trimmed and diced
1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
1 tsp ground mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, for garnish
1. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Dump cooked pasta into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Stir to combine, scraping the bottom to get it all mixed.
5. Taste and add seasoning as needed. Sprinkle with paprika for some color.
6. Cover and refrigerate until serving.