Summer is the perfect time for grilling! Here’s a non-traditional pizza recipe that I just fell in love with:
- 8 ozs cream cheese, soften
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 pizza crust – prebaked
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 bell peppers (small, sliced)
- 8 ozs shrimp (small, shelled)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill to 425.
- Saute fresh spinach in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir together the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, and spinach until evenly mixed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the bell pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shrimp. Cook until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread spinach mixture on crust.
- Spread the shrimp and vegetable mixture onto the pizza.
- Place on grill for 5 minutes – or until cheese is melted and pizza is hot in the middle. (Be aware that you may have to put the crust on an unlit side of the grill for a few minutes to avoid burning the bottom. The heat will help melt the cheese even if it isn’t right on the fire.
If you like a thinner sauce, you could use this spinach mixture for 2 pizzas. This recipe made a BUNCH. It was pretty thick.
We also made a grilled barbecue shrimp pizza. We just used barbecue sauce for the base, shrimp, the grilled peppers and topped with cheese. This one also went on the grill for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
I used Mamma Mary’s pizza crust. Here’s a coupon.
(We are not affiliated with Mamma Marys. I just saw this coupon online and thought you might like it. The ads on the side, however… if you click on one of those, you are supporting HVFH!!) 😉