Ahhh… the start of football season! Is there anything better than hanging out on a Saturday afternoon on the couch watching football all day? I long for the coolness and crispness in the air. Football Saturday does not have to be un-healthy. Check out this no-cook recipe. Does it get any easier? Healthy, delicious and incredibly easy! Kick back and enjoy this delight!
Layered Southwestern Bean Dip
All You Need:
- 1 16-ounce can nonfat refried beans, preferably “spicy”
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1 cup 2% shredded Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives, (optional)
All You Do:
- Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).