Written By: Sanae Shea @ Zumba with Sanae
This was my color-coded-per-child June calendar last year (minus the activities I forgot to write down). This June is chalking up to be worse. But over the years I’ve determined I prefer it this way. Driving all over town is less painful than kids sitting around the house driving me and each other crazy. I know I will be spending a lot of time driving to and from activities and waiting in parking lots for activities to end so I will be prepared this year with my very own MOM TAXI SURVIVAL KIT. If I keep these items in my car, it just might be possible to carve out a little “me” time even while on taxi duty.
1. Extra pair of running/walking shoes. A spur of the moment run/walk is good for the soul and the waistline.
2. Manicure Kit. While sitting in your car (or while watching an extra slow and long baseball game) spend a few minutes caring for your cuticles. Read here for my favorite DIY manicure products.
3. Your Kindle should go everywhere you go. Load up on great summer reads and you’ll never be twiddling your thumbs in a parking lot ever again. Here are a few of my favorites…
“Night Road” by Kristin Hannah
“What Alice Forgot” by Liane Moriarty
“Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage” by Kay Bratt.
What are your favorite summer books?
4. Mom Friendly Healthy Snack Bag includes heat resistant treats such as almonds, rice cakes and turkey jerky just to name a few.
5. Tweezers. You never know when a little grooming is in order.
6. You know that magazine you thumb through every time you are in the checkout lane? Buy a subscription for the summer. Comes in handy at the pool too. Partner up with a friend and you can swap.
What would you keep in your MOM TAXI SURVIVAL KIT?