Every Sunday that I can remember growing up we ate pot roast. We’d return home from church to an awesome smelling kitchen. Looking back, it may have been the only way my mom got us to stop playing with the other kids after church. “We have to go home. The oven’s on.” I remember her saying that often. And for pot roast and roasted carrots, I’d come running.
We’ll, when I found this little recipe, I couldn’t wait to bring memories home to my kiddos… with a crock pot.
Pot Roast in a Crock Pot
1 tablespoon cornstarch
bag of baby carrots
5-6 potatoes cut into quarters
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
**You can add celery and/or onions and subtract a few of the carrots and potatoes.
In slow cooker, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth. Add carrots and potatoes; season with salt and pepper, and toss.
Place roast on top of veggies.
Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; place on top of vegetables, and drizzle with Worcestershire.
Cover; cook on high, 6 hours (or on low, 10 hours).
Here’s the recipe in an easy-to-print form:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5-6 potatoes quartered
- Bag of baby carrots
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- *Optional: I always use a crock pot liner!!
- Place crock pot liner in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix cornstarch and water until blended
- Add carrots & potatoes and toss
- Place meat on the top. Season the meat with salt/pepper to taste
- Drizzle with Worcestershire.
- Cover; cook on high, 6 hours (or on low, 8 hours). (Cooking times could vary with pots)
- **You can cook in a dutch oven at 350 for 3-4 hours**