Is quiche a breakfast or dinner food? We think it can be either! Enjoy this warm, cheesy egg recipe with sausage for a filling meal anytime you want to eat it. We are grateful for choices in agriculture whether it’s on the farm or at the grocery store.
Food Fact: Some people may be concerned about antibiotic use in raising livestock for meat. Farmers and ranchers use antibiotics under the direction of a veterinarian to treat or prevent illness in their pigs and cattle. Healthful food comes from healthy animals. Learn more at CommonGroundNebraska.com
Sausage and Cheese Quiche
6 Large Eggs
1½ Cups of Cream or Milk (use what you have on hand or prefer)
1 store bought (or your own) pie crust
1 lb ground sausage
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Salt & Pepper is optional. (I leave it out because the sausage is salty enough.)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown the sausage in a medium skillet. Drain.
3. Wisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
4. Lay the pie crust out into a 9″ pie plate.
5. Add half of the sausage and half of the cheese to the egg mix. Stir well.
6. Pour into pie crust.
7. Bake on 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Add remaining sausage and cheese evenly over
the top and continue baking for 20-25 minutes. (Time may vary)
8. Quiche is done when golden brown and raised significantly. If you are uncertain, then
test with a fork, if it comes out clean it is done.
9. Let the Quiche set for about 10 minutes. (The raised portion will fall.)
10. Cut & Serve!
You can substitute bacon and cheddar cheese for another option with this quiche.