Even though the last two recipes were new family favorites, this final one hit the jack-pot.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 14 Hours 10 Minutes
• 5 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 cup half-and-half cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 cup chopped pecans
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Refrigerate overnight. This is where I put it in the freezer.
2. The next morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a small bowl, combine butter, sugar, maple syrup and pecans. Spoon mixture over bread.
4. Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you have some fun with these recipes. I give my thanks to Allrecipes.com. I made all these delights, all in one morning!!! Then instead of cooking or going out when my family was visiting, we all had a really fine breakfast.
No one was more surprised than me. I am not known for my cooking skills!!
I hope your next breakfast will be a fun one, or just stick to the wine and cheese and talk at the party.