The next three were created just as the recipes state. The Make-Ahead Sour Cream Coffee Cake slept in the fridge for 2 days before I baked it. The flavors must have blended just right in the cold, because we had absolutely no leftovers!! We really did eat it all the first time out of the oven!!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ready In: 8 Hours 50 Minutes
• 3/4 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. Beat butter and white sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Beat eggs and sour cream into butter mixture until smooth.
4. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl until thoroughly combined; stir into the sour cream mixture to make a batter.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
6. Mix the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle the mixture over the batter.
7. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and chill 8 hours to overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
9. Remove plastic wrap from the dish; bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the coffee cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.