The next one a tried was these little Mini Quiches. They worked great to bake ahead, freeze and then Microwave hot. We did figure out that removing the muffin paper FIRST, and then heating, was a much better choice. Even the little kiddos liked these.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 55 Minutes
• cooking spray
• 1 pound bulk sausage
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• 1/2 cup chopped green onion (optional)
• 8 eggs
• 2/3 cup instant potato flakes
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and crumble in sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly and evenly browned, about 10 minutes . Drain and discard any excess grease.
3. Sprinkle sausage, Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and green onion evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
4. Beat eggs, potato flakes, and cream together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over the sausage-cheese mixture in the muffin cups.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until quiches are set in the middle and lightly browned, about 22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Now, the family was in the house for more than one night, so I had to mix it up a little.