Hildreth is where I grew up, so naturally where I begin my tour. This is the place that I will forever call home. The place that made me a proud Nebraska girl for life. Home.
The recipe comes from Hildreth’s Centennial Cookbook (pictured below). I’m sure I’ve tried this as a child at a church picnic, but it was tasty again as an adult here at home. And my daughter LOVED it. 🙂
Contributor: Lydia Stuehm
1 lb ground beef
1/3 c chopped green pepper
1/4 c chopped onion
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 c Ketchup
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 lb sliced American cheese
1 can refregerated biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Brown meat, onion and green pepper; drain
3. Add tomato sauce, catsup, and pepper. Heat
4. Layer meat, cheese then biscuits in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish
5. Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until buiscuits are golden brown.