I cannot bring myself to eat a full sized candy bar. However, I have no problem popping the fun sized versions in my mouth throughout the day. I did the math and figured out how many fun sized bars it takes to make one full candy bar. Maybe with this knowledge, I won’t steal as much candy from my kids.
- Butterfinger – 2 ½ fun sized bars = 1 regular bar
- Mounds – 2 ½ fun sized bars = 1 regular bar
- Reese’s PB Cups – 2 ½ miniature sized cups = 1 full sized cup
- M& M’s – 3 fun sized bags = 1 regular bag
- Twix – 3 fun sized bars = 1 regular bar (2 sticks)
- Snickers – 3 ½ fun sized bars = 1 regular bar
- Kit Kat 5 mini’s = 1 regular sized bar (4 waffers)
Who eats just half of a fun sized bar? I probably consume the equivalent of at least 3 full sized candy bars every day from Halloween to Thanksgiving. Yikes!
I know it’s difficult to stay out of their trick-or-treat bags so this year I will try to grab these lower calorie options instead.
- York Peppermint Pattie; 1 full sized pattie; 140 Calories, 3 grams of Fat
- Candy Corn – 19 pieces; 140 Calories, 0 grams of Fat
- 3 Musketeers – mini’s; 25 Calories, 1 gram of Fat
- Skittles – fun size; 60 Calories, 1 gram of Fat
- Hershey Kisses – 1 kiss; 22 Calories, 1 gram of Fat
- Tootsie Rolls – 1 roll; 11 Calories, 0 grams of Fat
- Smarties – 1 roll; 25 Calories, 0 grams of Fat
- Caramel Apple Pops; 60 Calories, .5 grams of Fat
- Dum-Dum Pops; 26 Calories, 0 grams of Fat
- Marshmallow Pumpkins; 130 Calories, 5 grams of Fat
High Calorie Halloween Favorites to Avoid
Mounds Fun Size; 80 Calories, 5 grams of Fat
Butter finger Fun Size; 100 Calories, 5 grams of Fat
Snickers Fun Size; 80 Calories, 4 grams of Fat
Reese’s PB Cups Minis; 3 pieces; 132 Calories, 9 grams of Fat
Caramel – 5 pieces; 160 calories, 3.5 grams of Fat
Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen
Mini; 370 Calories, 14 grams of Fat
Small; 590 Calories, 20 grams of Fat
Medium; 780 Calories, 27 grams of Fat
Large; 980 Calories, 33 grams of Fat
Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks
Grande 16 oz.; 380 Calories, 13 grams of Fat
Grande 16 oz non-fat, no whipped cream; 260 Calories, 0 grams of Fat
Salted Caramel Latte from Starbucks
Grande 16 oz.; 420 Calories, 16 grams of Fat
Grande 16 oz non-fat, no whipped cream; 290 Calories, 3 grams of Fat
Pumpkin Seeds – ¼ cup; 160 Calories, 12 grams of Fat
Pumpkin Pie – 1/6 of pie; 280 Calories, 13 grams of Fat
Oops! Got caught with your hand in the candy bag?
We are only human and it is VERY difficult to resist tasty treats this time of year. No worries. Pick an activity from this list and burn some of those calories.
- Chop wood for 1 hour and burn 303 calories = 35 pieces of Candy Corn
- Vacuum for 1 hour and burn 152 calories = 7 Hershey Kisses
- Play the drums for 1 hour and burn 202 calories = 4½ mini Butterfingers
- Run 6 miles in 1 hour and torch 505 calories = 1 full sized Twix bar
- Box on the Wii for 1 hour and burn 243 calories = 3½ fun sized bags of M&Ms
- Ice skate for 1 hour and burn 354 calories = all but a couple bites of a Mini Pumpkin Pie Blizzard
- Sweep the garage for 1 hour and burn 202 calories = 2 fun sized Butter fingers
- Walk 3 miles in 1 hour and burn 167 calories = 6½ rolls of Smarties
- Play touch football for 1 hour and burn 404 calories = 1¼ cup of Pumpkin Seeds
But unless you can play the drums like the soccer mom in this video, you might want to avoid the candy bag altogether.
What drastic measures do you take to keep yourself out of your kid’s candy bag?