It’s a tough world out there for ladies. Expectations and heels keep gettin’ higher.
As I’ve changed from little girl –> lady –> woman, I’ve come up with lots of questions that I’d really like some answers to. For fear of putting you to sleep, I’ve narrowed my list to 10 things I just don’t understand:
- Why are we designed to sit down while peeing? Men get numerous options. We, unfortunately, can either brace ourselves for the disgusting public bathroom at the bar or attempt the uncomfortable “hover” position where you don’t actually touch the toilet seat. Who doesn’t love to get a deep squat workout in while you’re trying to pee? *eye roll*
- My husband’s metabolism has seemed to increase with age, while mine has ceased to exist. I remember the good old days when I could eat an entire box of Oreo’s, feeling no shame. Now I can literally see the Oreo’s setting up camp where a thigh gap used to be.
- Why does my husband shower every day? Am I supposed to shower every day? I’ve heard that it’s healthier for your hair to only shower every other day – fact or urban legend (created to give lazy girls like me an excuse)?
- While on the subject of showers – why is there no chair built into my shower? For one thing, having a nice sit while I shampoo, rinse, repeat, sounds exquisite. But for an even more compelling/sensible reason, my shower has no tub. Therefore, no ledge to help in the shaving process. As you can imagine, it’s quite difficult. However, I have had the chance to work out some balance issues. Always a silver lining, people.
- I don’t understand why male birth control isn’t a real thing yet? Is someone, somewhere, working on that??
- Why do I have to act like I’m sneakily packin’ heat when I’m actually just grabbing a tampon from my purse in public? I had a girl tell me one time to just gracefully slide the tampon up my shirt sleeve, so no one notices. Why are we hiding it? Everyone knows we have menstrual cycles. Or did I just blow our biggest secret?! …Dang it.
- Speaking of tampons – I accidentally bought scented ones instead of regular. Really, world? Scented tampons?!
- On the matter of things being invented that I don’t get – bras with under-wires. Aka: the push up. Why do we put ourselves through that? Who’s truly benefiting from them? I think we can all agree here, sports bras are far superior.
- I don’t usually lose things. In fact, one of my main roles in our house to find all the things my husband has lost. However, there is one object that always escapes me: Bobby pins. Where do they all end up? One day I have 500 and the next, they’ve all vanished. What’s the deal?
- Bobby pins probably end up where all my Tupperware lids are hiding. Seriously, how did I end up with 15 containers and no lids? For the rest of my life, I’m gonna have to ask for Tupperware lids for Christmas. Is this what being an adult looks like?
As you can see, being a woman is very complex and it’s not a task you should have to face alone.
That’s why we ladies have to stick together. And by stick together, I mean, answer my questions.