Shamrock Shakes – Adult & Kid Recipes!
Looking for a St. Patrick’s Day alternative to Green Beer? Here’s an adventurous treat to try out this year – the Adult Shamrock Shake. This recipe serves 2.
- 2 1/2 c. vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 – 1/2 c. whipped cream, will use in the drink and for decoration
- 3 tbsp. vodka (we used Smirnoff Silver)
- 2 tbsp. Crème de Menthe
- 1/2 tsp. Green food coloring
- Green sprinkles & Mint leaf for garnish
1. Combine vanilla ice cream, milk, 1/3 c. whipped cream, vodka, crème de menthe, and a green food coloring. Blend on low until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add more green food coloring for “greener” look and more crème de menthe to taste. More minty? Less minty?
2. Pour shake into glass and garnish with whipped cream, green sprinkles and a mint leaf for garnish.
Need a Kid’s Version? Or maybe you’re celebrating for two? Here’s a non-alcoholic recipe for a fun Shamrock Shake that will rival McDonald’s! Makes 3 servings.
- 2 c. (1 pint) vanilla ice cream
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Green food coloring
- 1/3 c. whipped cream, in a spray can
- Green sprinkles, for garnish
1. Combine vanilla ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring into a blender. Blend on low until mixture is thick and creamy. (If you’re using a straw, add some milk to decrease thickness.)
2. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and green sprinkles. Add a green straw for additional festivity!