When the temperatures are warm and the days are long, we BBQ! Almost every night. A Caprese Salad is the perfect side to serve alongside any BBQ. Chicken and Caprese, yes please! Steak and Caprese, yes please! Portabello Mushrooms and Caprese Salad, yes please!!
Typically my Caprese Salads are served layered on a platter, but since I had these gorgeous tomatoes and I was making it for two, I thought I’d stack it. Pretty isn’t it?!? And guess what……..it was SO good! The ripe tomatoes were just perfect with the salty fresh mozzarella, basil, and creamy avocado!
- Ripe Tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Ripe Avocado *optional
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Layer sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and avocados (if using).
- Top with a chiffonade of fresh basil leaves or use whole leaves (between layers) if you prefer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt (I used kosher) and pepper to taste.
- I did not add amounts for the ingredients. Just adjust depending on how much you're making. Serve layered on a platter or stacked.