Written by Jennifer Sill
Love it when my family comes to visit. They live six hours away. That means overnight guests. Usually that means a run to the donut shop in the morning. But the last time they visited, I got crock pot creative. I didn’t believe it would work. But it did – for the most part. Scroll to the bottom to see the giant fail I almost had.
Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole
1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen breakfast potatoes
1 lb cooked sausage
2 cup (8 ounces) shredded colby jack cheese
1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
MUST HAVE: Slow Cooker Bags!!
1. Put your slow cooker bag in your pot. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Top with half of the sausage and cheese. Repeat layering.
3. Beat eggs, milk salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
4. Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
5. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
I was so happy to wake up to breakfast!!
What I wasn’t happy about was the caked-on mess it left in the bottom of my crock pot. However, my liner saved the day!!
Can you imagine scrubbing this yuck outta the crock? (BTW, even with all this caked on, the recipe tasted great!! I promise!)
This is what saved my day: