Written by Jennifer Sill
This recipe is just a shade more work than mac and cheese – and you’ll be happy you spent the extra time. YUMMY!!
1 package flour tortilla
2 chicken breasts – boiled and shredded
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4.5-ounce) can green chili
First, let me tell you how to shred a chicken breast. I don’t know why more recipes that call for ‘shredded chicken’ don’t spell it out for those of us who aren’t pros. It is totally like mac and cheese…
Poach a chicken: Bring a pot of water to a boil Drop your chicken breast in. Poach it (don’t boil it.) Leave it in the boiling water for 15 minutes. (You can make the sauce below in that amount of time)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine shredded chicken and 1 cup of cheese.
3 ) Roll up chicken mixture in tortillas and place in a large baking pan.
4) In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour until smooth. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and green chilies.
5) Pour mixture over tortillas and top with remaining cheese.
6) Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
**Note: This recipe is from my favorite menu planning site: MenuForTheWeek.com. Use VIEW20 for a 20% discount!! (Just for HVFH fans!)